Free Coronavirus Resources for Charities
We are certainly living in strange times and we are trying to adjust. Charities of all sizes are exploring new ways to adjust to this new reality to survive. From work from home policies and crisis comms to staying in touch with their supporters and maintaining regular donations, the challenges are real.
Luckily, there are many people in the sector who are willing to help so we’ve organised a list of free coronavirus resources for charities.
The post will be updated regularly so make sure you keep an eye on it.
Working from home
- How to facilitate effective virtual meetings by Beth Kanter
- Work from home like a winner by CharityNikki
- Five tips for staying motivated when you’re working from home by Colvine Communications
- The real working from home tips by Sarah Goddard
- A Guide to Remote Working for Nonprofits by WildApricot
- Seven tips to stay productive while working from home by Lightful and Social Misfits Media
- Eight tips for managing remote teams by Lightful
- Top tips to get better at online meetings by Beth Kanter and Lightful
- An excellent blog from Madeleine Sugden full of resources on coronavirus comms. From writing to beneficiaries to comms tips and examples of posts, they are all there!
- NCVO on your organisation and coronavirus
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Crisis Communication Best Practices for Nonprofits by Prosper Strategies
- Nonprofit Guide to Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery by NPower
- Philanthropy’s response to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) by Candid
- Supporting Volunteer Efforts During Coronavirus by Energize
- Digital Mobilisation During the Covid Outbreak – Messaging and Tier 1 Tactics by Forward Action
- How to stop trolls from taking over your Zoom call by TheVerge
- Guidance and ideas on how to frame your narrative during COVID-19 by CharityComms
Offers to help and support
- London’s civil society – digital support access form by The Mayor of London
- Lucy Caldicott is offering to have a chat with charity CEOs who are worried about the current situation
- Wayne Murray is talking to charities around comms and fundraising around coronavirus
- For fundraisers working from home, Claire Warner is having a co-working day on the 26th of March.
- Our very own Tom DeFraine is happy to help any small charities needing help with their digital plans
- I am happy to help charities of all sizes that have questions around digital (from tools to adjusting your comms strategy)
- The Digital Fundraising Book from Matt Haworth is now available for free to help more charities embrace digital fundraising. Find it here.
- What to do if your fundraising event is cancelled due to coronavirus by Mobile Cause
- Event and Fundraising Resources During Possible Impact by Blackbaud
- How to turn events into virtual events by CharityDigital
- Examples of coronavirus emergency appeals and what we can learn from them by Lightful
- COVID-19 Resource List: #NP-COVID-19 – A master document curated by nonprofit experts full of useful resources for charities. Curated by Nonprofit Peeps (Beth Kanter, Janet Fouts, Linda Baker, Sarah Goddard, Susan Tenby, Wendy Harman, Meico Marquette Whitlock, Barbara O’Reilly, Jessie Mooberry) Add your name if you add resources, share with others with #NPCOVID19 hashtag.
- Coronavirus Tech Handbook – a crowdsourced resource for technologists building things related to the coronavirus outbreak
- Responding to the Coronavirus Outbreak: Resources to Help Nonprofits by Chronicle of Philanthropy
- Free resources to creating a coronavirus appeal by Queer Ideas
- Crisis Communication Plan template from CharityComms
- Stay strong – the fundraising community pulls together by Sarah Goddard
- Coronavirus Print & Social Media Resources to help #StopTheSpread by Canva
COVID 19 Charity Preparedness Group – This is a very helpful Facebook group to help all charities come together and get more organised during Coronavirus
- Online Check-In for Anyone Working in Digital – March 25 by Lightful
- Managing the Impact of COVID 19 on Nonprofits – Webinar by TechSoup
- How we work remotely – Cancer Research UK Innovation team (March 19)
- Working from Home Q&A – from tech to wellbeing how to get your team online (March 25)
- Tortoise Media Digital ThinkIn in partnership with sounddelivery – Coronavirus: the unheard stories
- Suddenly Remote – a series of webinars for the suddenly remote workforce by RoundTable
- Coronavirus and what you need to know about postponing and cancelling events by CharityHowTo
- Virtual Check-In with Beth Kanter and Lightful – April 1
- Project Everyone – Free Virtual Summit for charities by Fundraising Everywhere (and many experts) (April 2)
- Getting better at online meetings – recording (Beth Kanter with Lightful)
- Making the most out of #GivingTuesdayNow – recording (Giving Tuesday and Lightful)
Keeping up with all the webinars
We’ve created a master spreadsheet to make it easier for everyone to add all their upcoming webinars. You can access it here.
Do you have other resources to share with us? Email me!
Last year the COVID-19 pandemic created challenges across many sectors, but especially for nonprofits, many of which were previously reliant upon in-person events and more traditional means of fundraising. At Lightful, we’ve been working with charities to understand how the pandemic has affected the sector and what’s become evident is that digital fundraising skills are vital in adapting to the ‘new normal’ that has emerged following the pandemic.
See other ways Lightful can help
Want to learn more?
Email Pumulo and start a conversation