Giving Tuesday 2018 is fast approaching and it’s time to start planning the goals and content for your campaign. It’s a fantastic opportunity to raise awareness of your cause, recruit volunteers or ask for donations, on a day where everyone is feeling generous and is inspired to get involved.
If you’re unsure where to start with the planning of your Giving Tuesday campaign, then you’ll be happy to hear that we’ve created a special template in story builder, over on the Lightful platform, to help you schedule your content.
Our Giving Tuesday template aims to help you:
- Save time by scheduling your content in advance
- Organise all your content from Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn in one place
- Structure your story to tell your message in the most effective way
- Decide on which days to promote your campaign in advance
- Come up with content ideas on what to share
- See a visual preview of your campaign
- Be more strategic
Here’s how it works:
1. Log in to the Lightful platform and go to story builder.
2. Choose the Giving Tuesday template to create a new story.
3. Start creating your Giving Tuesday story.
Our template offers suggestions on how your campaign could look but it’s entirely up to you how you want to tell your story so edit, delete or add posts, as you wish. Don’t get put off by how many story tiles we have in our template – if your campaign story is shorter, that’s absolutely fine!
Really take some time to plan your campaign. It’s a global day of giving and an amazing opportunity to either: raise awareness, raise funds or recruit volunteers BUT so many charities take part so you need to stand out. Start planning now by inviting some of your colleagues to have a brainstorm and come up with some ideas.
If you need some inspiration to get you started, here’s a post we wrote last year – 12 Tips For A Successful #GivingTuesday Campaign – it has lots of great examples from charities.
4. Choose which platforms you want to post from.
Once you’ve got all your content and images or video ready and you’ve created your story, you can then choose which platforms to post to. We give you the option to post them to Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Remember that each platform is different so if you do want to post #GivingTuesday campaigns on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter you should really adapt your content for each of them and create separate Story Builder campaigns.
5. Edit or launch your #GivingTuesday story!
When you create your story, you’ll need to either ‘publish now’ (which if you’re planning ahead you won’t want to do) or schedule it for when you want your #GivingTuesday campaign to launch.
If you do need to make any edits ahead of your launch, you can do that at any time.
We’re super excited to see your #GivingTuesday stories! We’ll be RTing some of our favourites on the day.
Plan, schedule and measure all your social media posts for Giving Tuesday in one place!