2. Our Sites
The Sites currently cover the following areas:
- Platform– This is where you would be registering direct with Lightful for the use of Lightful’s Platform (“The Platform”) to aid with Social Media management and supporter engagement. Please see the additional Terms of Service which you will be asked to accept when you register.
- Communities – This is where you can register direct with Lightful to share ideas, participate in discussions or access content through our secure portal (and manage your communications preferences). Please see the additional Terms of Service which you will be asked to accept when you register.
By using the Sites we grant you permission to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software or content) on Lightful's web site for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. Under this licence you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Lightful's web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or "mirror" the materials on any other server.
This licence shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Lightful at any time. All other rights are reserved to Lightful (or our licensors as relevant).
3.1 Revisions and Errors
The materials appearing on our sites could include technical, typographical or photographic errors. Lightful does not promise that any of the materials on its sites are accurate, complete or current. Lightful may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. Lightful does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
4. Information we collect
5. Links to Third Party Sites
On occasion, we may link to other websites that we have either partnered with or feel act as a useful reference point for additional information. These links may also be provided by other users of our “Communities” pages, it is important to note that with the latter that we do not endorse or recommend clicking through on these links.
It is important in any circumstance before providing any information to these websites that you check their own privacy policies. Lightful does not accept any responsibility for the protection of your personal data supplied to these other sites or any “Threats” that may arise from accessing them.
Lightful is not responsible for losses not caused by Lightful's breach, indirect losses, or a failure to provide the Site due to any cause beyond its reasonable control which prevents Lightful from fulfilling its obligations including but not limited to fire, storm, riot, civil disturbance, war, nuclear accident, terrorist activity and acts of God.
7. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
The Agreement and any dispute or claim (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and be subject to the jurisdiction of the English courts (although nothing shall prevent you bringing a claim under your local law or jurisdiction where you are domiciled elsewhere in the United Kingdom).
8. Internet security
Lightful strives to protect any information submitted to any of our sites. However, it would be impossible for us to guarantee that any information is completely safe due to the nature of the Internet. Therefore, you acknowledge and accept this risk upon providing any personal data to Lightful.
Once the data provided has been transmitted to us successfully we will take reasonable steps to ensure that the data is secure and prevent any unauthorised access and loss of data as long as it is within our control. We can take no responsibility or be held liable for any damages arising that is beyond our control. We have an “Always-on SSL policy” meaning that all data is encrypted in transit using SSL (HTTPS); We do not currently encrypt any data that is stored on our servers.
8.1 Viruses, Hacking and Other Offences
When using our sites
- You must not introduce viruses, Trojans, worms, logic bombs or any other material that’s malicious or technologically harmful.
-You must not try to gain unauthorised access to our sites, the server on which they are stored or any server, computer or database connected to it.
-You must not attack our sites in any way. This includes denial-of-service attacks.Data that we collect on you will be passed to an enforcement agency should we feel you are attacking, misusing or attempting to gain unauthorised access to our sites or services and we will provide this information to third parties if we have a legal obligation to do so.
9. Further Information
These Terms are only available in the English language. If any part of these Terms is disallowed or found to be ineffective by any court or regulator, the other provisions shall continue to apply.
Our Data Protection Officer (DPO) is: Andrew Cross
If you have any queries on this policy, wish to contact the DPO or know further details on how Lightful uses personal data please contact us at:
If you wish to opt-out of something specific; then please use the communication preference centre.
Any general correspondence should go to:
68-80 Hanbury Street,
Company Number: 09135963